Nagarkot is situated in Bhaktapur district 32 km away from Kathmandu Valley. It is known as one of the scenic spots in Bhaktapur at an elevation of 2,190m. It is famous for its Himalayan view and amazing view of sunrise and sunset and is one of the popular hill stations. There are many hiking spots Nagarkot Paranomic hiking trail and Nagarkot Eco trail.
There are chances to get a view of Everest if the skies are clear. This place provides a stunning view of the Himalayas like Manaslu, Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa, Shisha Pangma, and Cho Oyu. It is one of the best places to view for relaxation and sightseeing.
- Amazing view of sunrise and sunset.
- Witness the view of Mt Everest.
- Stunning view of Himalayas like Manaslu, Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa, Shisha Pangma, and Cho Oyu.
- It offers breadth taking view of the Kathmandu Valley.
- Hiking trails like Nagarkot Paranomic hiking trail, Nagarkot eco trail and Nagarkot Buddha Peace Park.
- Nagarkot Hill station is one of the popular hill stations.
How to get there
- By public bus
Take a bus from Kathmandu, Ratna Bus Stand and drive to Kamalbinayak, which will take around to reach there. From Kamalbinayak take the bus to destination which is around 90 minutes’ drive.
- By tourist bus
The tourist around 1 pm from the old bus park which cost around NPR 500 to Nagarkot.
- By private vehicle
It is the most convenient way and easiest way to reach Nagarkot with a 1-2 hour drive from Kathmandu.
What to do
- Visitors can enjoy Paragliding with stunning snow-capped mountains and Kathmandu Valley.
- Watch amazing views of sunrise and sunset.
- Hiking to Paranomic hiking trail, Eco trail and Buddha Peace Park.
- Get an amazing view of the snow-capped mountain from view tower.
- It is a great place for mountain biking there are many places to explore.
- Visit religious temples like Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Changu Narayan Temple.