Pokhara is located in the western part of Nepal and is one the second biggest city. It is famous for tourism and amazing natural beauty. It provides a stunning view of the Annapurna Mountain Ranges and surrounds by green hills. The city is also known as a gateway to Annapurna circuit trekking and many other trekking destinations.
It provides adventures like Paragliding, Bungee jumping, Ziplining, Rafting and Sarankot Hiking. It is a place that travellers like on their first visit. Mainly the tourists travel to Pokhara, one of the country’s most visited places. Travellers can visit Pokhara by bus or by flight.
- Visit Fewa Lake and Begnas Lake
- Hike to Sarankot Hilltop
- Hike to Peace Pagoda
- Paragliding, Bungee jumping, Ziplining, Rafting
- Visit Mahendra Cave and Bat Cave
- Davi’s Fall
- Trek to Poonhill, Annapurna Base Camp, Annapurna Circuit and Mustang
How to get there
The quickest way to reach Pokhara is by flight. The 30-minute flight from Tribhuvan International Airport will take you to Pokhara. There are many flights in a day that leaves for Pokhara. Flight to Pokhara is very scenic especially if you sit right side of the plane, you will witness an amazing view of the Himalayas.
Buses and jeeps are also available to get to Pokhara which is a 6-7 hours drive from Kathmandu. The journey will be affected by traffic, depending on the day and the time. The total distance covered is 200km from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Things to do in Pokhara
- Take a relaxing boat ride on Pewa Lake.
- Visit Annapurna Base Camp it is an adventure trekking. Many people around the world visit Annapurna Region.
- Visit Davi’s Falls is a must-visit destination.
- Hike to Peace Pagoda which offers you an amazing view of Annapurna Mountain ranges and City.
- Paragliding is a thrilling experience which also provides an amazing view of City and the Annapurna mountain ranges.
- It is a gateway for trekking you can trek to Annapurna Region.
- Visit Sarangkot which offers an amazing view of the Annapurna Region and city.
- Visit Mahendra Cave and Bat Cave which is the main attraction.
- Visit Café Concreto for the best Italian food with a view of the lake which is located in the south lakeside.